Monday, August 16, 2010

day to day

This is a weird reality I'm in right now. Vivid dream images pervade my nights, courtesy of Ambien and a high dose of stressful living. Dreams where while you're in them, you feel clarity. When you wake up, you're a bit disappointed that it was only a mirage. My waking life has been like a comic strip, but less funny. Panels of events, one after the other, a way of compartmentalizing things. A way of coping with the current discord of my existence. Each day is a struggle to make it to the next without losing my piece of mind. Where did my normal life go? The one whose only worry was what to cook for dinner that night? I'll tell you where it went. Somewhere in the middle of the night, it jumped a train to parts unknown. I didn't ask it to leave, it just did. This is the new normal which begs the question, is there a normal? Not really. Life is constantly fluctuating. There are times that are more tolerable than others, and maybe that is what we'd like to be the norm. More often than not, life is using us as a punching bag, we either bounce back or fight the impact. Some days I choose to fight, some I just jump on for the ride and take my bruises as they come. Each day I manage to find a gem of good tidings from a friendly hello or a pick-me-up project that I can dump my thoughts into. Reality is a helix of mind-bending emotion, a twisting test of optimism on a daily basis. The nice thing is we simply have to get up in the morning to see what it brings.

1 comment:

  1. I'm holding you in my thoughts Wendy. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete