Saturday, September 24, 2011

dreamland

Simply exhausted. I need sleep. I crave sleep, but it does not come easily. Sleeping pills, hot baths, boring t.v., anything is worth a try. Problem is, when you take a sleeping pill, your body may be asleep, but your mind is wide awake. Dreaming, always dreaming. Vivid, live it now, kind of dreaming. So when you wake up, you're not rested. You've just forgotten about some nighttime hours instead. I miss the kind of sleep where you are so beat that you can't keep your eyes open. You struggle to read in bed, but your eyes droop. You feel heavy and before you know it, you're out. You dream, but you don't live them. You forget them in the morning. You wake rested. You wake ready. I think I had that feeling last in about the eighth grade. Insomnia crept in like a snake wrapping around your throat. You feel it, but you can't shake it. It sucks, and that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments: