Sunday, October 3, 2010

blend it

Art is a blessing. In my life it's one of my salvations. It frees me into a place where nothing bothers my mind. Pick up a pencil, a sheet of white paper, and it all comes out. Good and bad, wild and crazy, soothing and senseless. I can live my life in the confines of what people expect of me, follow the rules, and behave. But art lets me scream. It releases me mind and spirit. Art is a great release of energy and emotion. Without it I'm not sure who I'd be. Connection is so important to keeping us grounded and setting us free. Loving something so much that it's never a chore. Art is at the top of my list of things that I can honestly say keep me feeling like myself. It keeps me real. I am so grateful to have the opportunities to express myself without constriction. Art is there for the taking. No one has to like what I do, it flows without care. It comes out how it wishes and isn't that what art is? Expression without borders. Let it go.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I need to read this one several times over especially the part that reads:

    " I am so grateful to have the opportunities to express myself without constriction.... No one has to like what I do,"

    I've taken down my rant blog. Suddenly I became very self-conscious of what I wrote, who might read it, and what they might think of me. I've never really cared in the past, but right now I do.

    ReplyDelete